Thursday, July 17, 2025

Thursday, July 17, 2025

  • The Beaman's stayed at our house
  • Prescription for Angie
  • Bug spray for Darren
  • Harvey and his rental and meeting Annie who is renting the place to him

I got up and did a little exercising this morning, but because the Beaman's stayed with us we didn't go for a walk for the second day in a row. The Beaman's got up, or at least came out of their room late. We were going to make French toast for breakfast, but the had brought their own Raisin Brand cereal and they just ate that. They left it so I had a bowl to try it out. It was just ok. 

They had an appointment to meet with the CARE group. Not sure who they are or what they do. The Beaman's are Humanitarian missionaries for the Caribbean. Actually I thing they are only over 4 islands. They try and find good projects that the church can get involved in and help support good causes on the 4 islands. 

After they left we went up to Angie McCaunley's to pick up a prescription that she had not got filled and took it to the pharmacy to fill it. We also bought some bug spray for Darren Barbe who says he is getting ate alive by mosquitos. He really wants some other items that he burns and keeps them away. I took the mosquito spray to him, but will have to get the other stuff later. It is a never ending process of getting him things. 

After leaving Darren's we had to hurry home and let the next door day care know that we would not be over to tell stories today because Tina was still feeling bad from being sick. 

Oh I forgot we stopped by Rouchell's for a minute I bought a drink and a bake. They are always good. She had some important news to tell me about an investigator the sisters are teaching. I guess Rouchell knows her and said that she is evil and will be asking the church to help her within two weeks. She also said that if she keeps coming Rouchell will not come to church. I guess this ladies son did a brutal murder of a girl and according to Rouchell we don't need her in our church, she is bad. She has already told the sister the same thing so I am thinking they probably don't know what to do. 

After stopping at the school we then went and bought a lunch for Angie and her family. She is really sick. She has had her share of health challenges lately and now she has some type of lung infection. Henry was home and I visited with him for a bit then left. He is a somewhat disappointment to me. He is a natural born leader, but he, like so many other Lucian men won't commit to the church. I keep hoping he realizes that he will be more in life if he puts the Lord first in his life than without.

After we got back home, Harvey Joseph called and said he had a place for $500 that he can rent and he wanted me to pay the entire $500. I told him that was not going to happen. I said I would pay half if he came up with the other half. I didn't really ever think he would but he found a place from a girl named Annie. He wanted me to give him the money, but I told him that was not going to happen. I ended up doing something I told him I would not do and that was pay the half before he had his half. But Annie said that she would let him stay tonight if I did and Harvey will have to come up with the other half tomorrow. We will see if he can do that. I am sure he is about to break his mother who keeps sending him money for rent and he just spends it. He is a sad case and I believe he has mental problems, which I worry could make him dangerous. So far he hasn't, but after that problem we had with him a while back I worry about him coming around. He called and I told him I had paid half so he would have a place to sleep tonight. He wanted to know where the church was in Gros Islet so he could come tomorrow. I told him there was not one and he could come to the one in Vigie. He didn't sound to committed about that. I told him this was it, this is all I am doing for him. Annie says she is a good judge of people and Harvey is not going to change. I probably agree but we have given him a chance to do something and it is up to him if he does. 

Tina wasn't to happy about me helping him and we had to go to the city of Gros Islet to make the payment and I have never felt comfortable in that town. There are just a lot of weird people wandering around. We were there around 4:30pm and I wanted to be out of town before 5 when many of the people are getting off work and they start hitting the bars.

We were a little late getting out, but it was all ok and we got home about 6 safe and sound. 

That was pretty much our day. 

One of the houses in our neighborhood being remodeled 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025