Tuesday, July 22, 2025

Tuesday, July 22, 2025

  • Made a working Conch Horn
  • Milk, so close yet so far away
  • A missed impression that I didn't act on

I worked on my now third conch horn this morning. It look awhile for me to cut the tip off as all I had was a small keyhole saw that I bought for $40 EC. The next size up was a hacksaw and it was $85 EC and I didn't want to spend that much. I almost wished I did because it was a lot of work. I finally got it cut off and chiseled out in the center and it blows like a champ. I'm very happy with it. I'm still not the best at it, but I am getting better, I think.

I decided to get out of the house so I told Tina I was going to the store And see if they had some milk. When I got there it was 15 after one And the doors were closed at the Massey store. They opened the door and said they were closed and a boy walked out that I assume worked there. As I was walking back to the car I asked him what time did they close and he said 1:30 PM. I thought that was strange that they wouldn't let me in because it was only 1:20PM. Maybe they wanted to be out of the store by one 30 I don't know. I could see the meltdown the aisle from the glass window I was looking through so I was so close and yet so far away.

I had something happen that I'm almost embarrassed to even record. I was driving down the road towards one of the beaches just killing time and there was a man and a woman with Three young girls with them. It looked like a family and I thought I should stop and ask them if they were. I drove past them and went down to the beach and it was all filled up so I turned around and I kinda thought in my head if that couple was still there I was going to Stop and ask them if they were a family and somehow introduce the church to them. Well when I drove back up the lane sure enough there they were But I didn't stop. You know how sometimes you do something you really regret and can't change it back, well this was one of those situations. It has bothered me ever since I had the opportunity to stop and ask them. I felt like it was an impression From the Lord to stop and talk to them. I have been kicking myself for not doing or acting on an impression. Who knows what might have become of it we might have baptized a first family since we have been on our mission. Not only for our branch but the entire island and our entire mission. As far as I know I have never seen an incomplete family of a mother and father and children baptized since we have been here.

Carnival Float


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025