Wednesday, July 16, 2925

Wednesday, July 16, 2925

  • Tina still a little sick
  • Found some muriatic acid from a pool supply place
  • Ran in to Junior the plumber
  • Got my second conch horn from Jason at Cas En Bas beach 
  • Bought my last can of Tang from Mega J's Should last until I go home
  • Visit with the Beaman's 
  • Beaman's in town and come to Self Reliance tonight 

Tina is still not feeling well so she pretty much just hang out around the house.

I did some running around and found some muriatic acid At a swimming pool place so I could clean up some of my shells. The shell I had didn't turn out all that great I thought it was gonna be cool once I got all the water deposits and other stuff off of it but it was just black and not that great at looking.

Oh while I was there I ran into the plumber junior Who came to our church and fixed a pipe and that's where I got to know him. He's a big tall guy but I really like him. I feel kinda bad because I recommended a guy that acted like he was going to get active in church but I think just wanted some money to get some things he needed. Anyway it was Donovan Gustave And he was taking a course in plumbing and I told Junior about him and maybe he would be a good hand but Donovan never came through once when Junior called him about job opportunities. I told Junior that I think he was just lazy and didn't really want to do anything. Junior said he might try him again but I don't know if he needs to waste his time. I'm really disappointed in Donovan The only time I hear from him is when he needs 100 to 300 dollars to do something or he will be kicked out of his place which is at his brother's house So I guess I'm kind of done with him too.

I picked up another conch shell to try and make a horn aloe I brought it home and have been working on cleaning it up but haven't got the tip cut off so that I can blow through it. I'm hoping Matthew who is in our branch might have a grinder to cut it off.

I bought my last container of Tang today hopefully it will last me until I go home.

We met the Beaman's today They are over from Barbados and they are the humanitarian couple for several islands. They have two or three projects going on in Saint Lucia and they wanted to come over and meet some of the places where they are trying to help. They had a mix up on their place to stay in Castries which they had reserved and paid for but when they got there they said that someone was still in it. They said don't worry we will get you a place and they did clear down in Soufriere. That is a brutal DRY And so we told them that they could stay with us rather than drive through down there. Plus we wanted them to come to the church and help the youth find names to take to the temple. They were happy to do that and happy not to have to drive down to Soufriere.

Cas En Bas beach with a bunch of sea weed


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025