Wednesday, July 2, 2025

Wednesday, July 2, 2025

  • Aaron Holder to the eye doctor
  • Jason messed up my conch horn
  • Visited Darren Barbe needs a corn cut out of his foot
  • Self Reliance 

This morning I went and got Aaron Holder again to take him to the eye doctor. His body was there again but he was working on a project for Aaron waterproofing some boards using diesel and kerosene. He was going to go with us again but him and his son were working on that project and I told him that I could get Aaron without him.

Got to the eye doctor in the project to get him into see him because he can't walk very well and is quite painful. Anyway he got his eyes checked up and they said they hadn't changed too much but he wanted new glasses because his others were kind of broke up. So we ordered him new glasses which was about $850 EC. I got him back to the car and took him home

We ran back up to the beach because the guy Jason was supposed to have my shell ready for us to work on and when I got there he had it done already which I was a little disappointed about and it didn't blow well at all. Once in awhile you can get it to blow a bit but it is really difficult. He said he would make me another one so I'm going to have to check back with him later.

One of the sisters had a rash and we had to meet them at the doctor's office to give them the mission credit card so they could pay for the visit. While I was there I tried to set up an appointment for Darren Barb to get a Corn cut out of the bottom of his foot. Turns out they no longer do that there. They said we're gonna have to find a podiatrist. I stop by Darren's to give him the bad news and he had a list of things that he needs me to buy for him. I told him I wouldn't remember it all but to write it down and then we would make a list of priority things that he needs most and work on them. Since they moved his container he does have a leak in the roof and we need to come back and fix that. I wish I had my tools with me it would be a really easy project but with no tools and trying to find people with them is gonna be a big project.

We went down to the church tonight for self reliance classes here in I spent most of the time talking to Rosa about some wheelchairs and other things the church is sending to a company here on the island.

Plant on our loop walk


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025