Wednesday, July 30, 2025

 Wednesday, July 30, 2025

  • Paid bills
  • Church Audit
  • Elders robbed today

After our morning rituals, exercise, breakfast and Wednesday mission devotional and working on some things for the church we left to take care of some things for the branch.

I have a family that I told them I would help them get out of some of their debt over a two month period. I don't know how well it has worked out because it is very difficult to track their money and track how they track it. It is a big mystery. We went to Rodney Bay because there is a sure pay there that I could pay most of their bills at that location. As luck would have it, or unluck, the Sure Pay booth was closed. We had to go to another store and pay it. 

While I was at Rodney Bay I paid for my Digicel phone bill for the upcoming month. For some reason their online system and auto pay will not work with my credit card. Little annoying, but I always get to visit with someone while I am standing in line.

After we paid the bills we went down to VG Beach to read our scriptures. We only stayed there for a bit and then went home and had dinner.

This evening was our Self Reliance class and also I was going to the church so that we could do our finance audit for the year. Sister Selena is the stake auditor or in our case district. She is an interesting lady and very blunt about things. I let her use our church laptop to do the audit and she was complaining that it had Noah's picture on it and not a temple or something else when you log in. Anyway we amused her and said we do something about it But I don't know what we will do or if we will. By the time the next audit comes around I will be long gone home to Utah.

 We passed the audit with a couple of corrections. Denzel De'Beauville was there with me and it was a good thing because Sister Celina speaks really quiet and trying to understand them when they speak loud is still difficult so it is almost impossible to understand everything she says. We made it though even though I had to ask her what she said many times. It gets a little embarrassing but what can you do.

So I got a call from the missionaries from Sister Julie's house today and they said they had been robbed and the robbers took their phones and their backpacks. I didn't know all the details at the time when they called me and I was wondering why they were calling me on Sister Julie's phone Anyway they wanted me to call the other two elders, Elder Morby and one of the AP who are in town for zone conference yesterday and they were on splits. I called him and President Burnham who was still in town from zone conference to let them know that the elders had been robbed Erin in talking to them later I found out the story. They said that they were walking up to go to sister Julie's house and they walk by these three men and they kept walking and in a little bit they jumped out and ambushed them and held them and took their phones and backpacks. Elder Glissmeyer who is the one that was robbed with one of the A said that they had some scissors and he thinks they also had a knife. Anyway they were let go unharmed but didn't have a phone to call anyone. The police came and they filled out a report but I'm sure nothing will become of that. It is pretty difficult to track down robbers around this place. When the Elders were robbed last time we had more luck tracking things down than they did. So I guess it will be good journal material for the missionaries to tell about their experience of being robbed.

I was telling some members about it and the location where they were robbed and they said they should never be walking in that area it is very dangerous and several murders have happened in that same place. We've had walking missionaries in that area quite a bit and never had a problem that I know of but everybody tells me things are getting worse around here as far as crime goes.

It was sunny and clear and raining. I tried to capture the rain but you can't see it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025