Friday, August 1, 2025
Friday, August 1, 2025
- Meeting with Caribbean lawyers
- Missed visiting Sister Jane Nurse
- A very nice visit with Kelvin Felix and his wife Mary
- The wrong car on the beach
Today we had a meeting with the lawyers over the Caribbean. They are trying to figure out how we can have a better relationship with the government here and hopefully at some point they will allow us to have more missionaries in the country. We didn't accomplish a lot other than finding out what the bylaws of this committee that Tina has been put on that is a faith based group for the country. I'm not sure the other religions will be supportive in our desire to have more missionaries on the island which translates into taking members away from their congregations. Anyway we have an assignment on Monday to go and try and locate the bylaws that were already in place.
After the meeting we thought we would go visit a few families. We were going to stop by and visit Sister Jane Nurse but she didn't answer. We stopped by anyway and her door was open but we couldn't see anybody inside and thought she might be taking a nap.
We decided to go visit Kelvin Felix Since his recommend had expired and I wanted to visit with him about giving him a new one. I called him and he told us to come on over. It is always a project to go visit him because he has a bunch of dogs and I think they might bite you if they weren't with you. We had a nice visit and there seem to be some confusion on the last time he got a temple recommend so we had to work that out and I ended up interviewing him for his new recommend. I promised him that it would be forwarded to the mission and they would be in contact with him for his second interview. That was his big concern on his last recommend he thought that no one followed through, but I think he was mistaken because everything looked in order as near as I could tell. It was interesting we have visited Brother Felix several times and his wife has never came in and visited with us. For some reason she decided to come in this time and she talked our heads off. I was surprised at how visiting she was since she never made an effort to even come in when we have come before. We really enjoyed the visit and it was nice to get to know her better. We visited so long that by the time we were done it was too late to go see Sister Jane so we went home and had dinner.
Today is a federal holiday Call Emancipation Day. I think it is the day that they celebrate all of the slaves being freed.
We started a new tradition last Friday that instead of walking around our neighborhood we would go to VG Beach and walk it every Friday. Something funny happened there this morning when we were walking. We started at one end and walked up to the other end and back. When we got to the car we could not get it open and we thought maybe the battery had gone dead. Because it is a holiday there were people there early making sure they got a spot on the beach before things got too crowded. They were on both sides of us and we're wondering if we were going to leave and you when we did could they have our spot. We said they could if we can get our car open. As I looked at it I suddenly came to the realization that this was not even our car. We had past hours and were at a car that kind of looked like ours parked in kind of the same situation next to a tree. We had a good laugh about it and told The people they were gonna have to find someone else to move it.
When we walked over to our car there was a lady there waiting for us telling us that we were at the wrong car because every time I pushed button to unlock the doors my car's lights flashed and the car unlocked. I said yes we finally figured out that we were at the wrong car and she thought it was pretty funny too. We all got a good laugh about it.
We were told that they had canceled karaoke because it was a holiday but I guess the sister decided to go Ahead and have it anyway. Corey kept calling us all day long to know if we were having it or we weren't and finally he was at the church and called us and said the sisters were there and we were having it. By this time it was getting late and we didn't feel like going out again so we didn't go.
![]() |
| This is a brand new baby pineapple just sprouting out. It takes 9 months for them to get ripe |

Comments
Post a Comment