Friday, August 8, 2025
Friday, August 8, 2025
- Vigie Beach walk
- Donna Israel to lunch
- Cornerstone
- Henry Donaldson
- Got a cold
We did our new tradition of going to Vigie Beach and walking up and back the shore line. It is a nice 2 mile walk with not to much elevation change. Should be none, but when I turn on my "All Trails" app it says I have an elevation change of 16 feet. Not sure how that could be unless the water is out of level.
We took Donna Israel to lunch today. She lives at Cornerstone which is a place for people to go that can't take care of themselves either because of mental issues or other things. Donna doesn't have the capability to fully take care of her self. When she has tried she has ended up living out on the street. Her mother, who is not her biological mother, but somehow ended up with her when she was a little girl does help her out, but I think Donna is even more than she can handle. The mother keeps trying to pon her off on others. Donna was married had a child and lived in the US for almost 20 years. She and her husband divorced and she had to move back here and was homeless for a time. Being at Cornerstone is good for her as she has shelter, food and safety being there. I doubt she will ever get out of there unless her mother takes her in.
We went to Rodney Bay area to go out to lunch. Donna dressed up really nice and did herself up really nice. Kind of like a formal day out on the town. We went to the place that Tina and I went to a couple of weeks back. It is an outdoor place and is nice. We had a nice meal and visited as much as you can visit with these people. We are so different that it is hard to carry on any long and continual conversation with them. We enjoyed it and I think she did also.
We took her back to Cornerstone and dropped her off. As we were dropping her off the nurse that works there was just going home so we asked her where she lived and she said Baxon, which is toward Vieux Fort. She told us if we could just take her down town she would catch a bus. We dropped her off at the Massy because she need to pick up some things for dinner.
We then went home and got ready to go to Friday night game night at the church. When we got there only the Missionaries (Sisters and Elders) were there and Henry Donaldson. He is a recent convert from Jamacia that lives here now. There was also a little kid that I think maybe the Elders are teaching him. He is a bright little kid and ask lots of deep questions, like could Satan repent? And crazy things like that.
We played dominos for a while and then cleaned the church and I visited with Henry for a bit about some of his personal struggles in being young (21 I think) and trying to keep the commandments in the Church. We were with everyone so it wasn't the best place to discuss his issues. He was pretty open about it though.
You won't believe this but I think I have a cold. I have been sweating like a stuck pig, more than normal. I also have a tickle in my throat and a bit of a headache. Dang it.
![]() |
| I don't know if they have Velcro or what that keeps these things on the top of there head or what. |

Comments
Post a Comment