Monday, August 18, 2025
Monday, August 18, 2025
- Looking for block for Darren Barbe's container. Ran into Lambert
- When to disability camp today. Water fight
- Stop by and visit with Jane Nurse
- Went to the barber for a hair cut. Said good by to Sanchez
- FSY stuff and Shomario will be his mission president on his way to FSY
Wow, the countdown has really started getting close to going home. We are now under 30 days.
This morning I went down to the local hardware store to see if they might carry some solid block but they did not. I checked out a couple of other places to see if they made solid block and most people seem to think that they don't. The reason I was looking for them was to put under Darren Barbie's container to lift it off the ground a bit so that when it rains it doesn't get water in his container. I stop by the church to pick up the vacuum cleaner and while I was there Lambert was there and I ask him if he knew where I could find some solid block and he told me there was a renew over where his mom lives and he thought that they sold. I went over there later this afternoon to check it out but they didn't have anything either. So I'm not sure exactly what we will use lift his container up higher off the ground.
We also went over to help at the disability camp today but there was literally nothing for us to do so we hung around for a bit and visited with people and finally told them that we had to leave because we had other things to do. They were fine with it and there wasn't much going on We weren't really needed. It is interesting that here they are comfortable doing nothing and just letting the kids sit around and visit or play or whatever on their own but no real entertainment from the staff. That's how it was on Saturday we just sat around for hours and everybody was fine and the kids were fine and no one was complaining.
Just before we left they did break out some water balloons and one of the staff got in a water fight with all the kids and they had a lot of fun doing that. I kept out of the way of that because I could see how they would really attack the one staff and I didn't want to become a target.
After leaving the disability camp we went up to visit Jane Nurse and take her mangoes And avocados She was very grateful to get them. We stayed and visited a while but it was really hot today and the sweat was just pouring off all of us. It was 36 degrees Celsius which is about 96 degrees Fahrenheit. Sister Jane is doing OK but she could use some help from her family and they are not very good about giving her any assistance. Ashton I think helps but he works a lot and actually I'm not sure where all of his money goes but he said he never has enough. We really need Ashton to come back to church he was a great force for good before he left his wife and moved in with Crystal period now they can't stand each other and they have two kids between them and he's trying to help support them and take care of things at home and I know it's not easy for him.. He just went about everything the wrong way and he's paying the price and I really feel bad for him.
After we got done at Sister Jane's House we went down to Castries to go to the Barber. I was way overdue. I had a good visit with Sanchez who is the one that cuts my hair and he was quite talkative today which is interesting because he usually doesn't have much to say But maybe it was the topic. We were talking about what he does besides cut hair. I guess he does siding and a few other jobs besides cutting hair so he stays busy. I was telling him that this might be the last haircut he gives me because I'm going home next month but I may come in for a trim before I leave so I look nice when I get home. Is a little more expensive than some bars and the name of his Barber shop which is called the Penthouse isn't the best but there's nothing inappropriate inside that I can see. Anyway I told him I might see him again before I go home and he said OK
After stopping at the place to see if they have solid block we went shopping for a few things that we missed on Friday. And then came home.
We didn't do much the rest of the evening but we've done plenty busy and still have a bunch to get done. We have to get the kids money for FSY so they will have some spending money why they travel. Their travel schedules are brutal There are no direct flights to anywhere and they usually have two or three stops or long layovers wherever they send them usually them about 24 hours or more to go one way where if they could fly directly to the place it would be like a two or three hour flight at the most. Shamario was telling me that they are stopping for a layover in Guyana and mission president will be the one that picks them up and takes them to their house to stay overnight while they wait for their next flight. That's kind of funny that he's going to meet his mission president going to FSY before he actually goes on his mission.
![]() |
| The water fight |
![]() |
| More water fighting |


Comments
Post a Comment