Saturday, August 2, 2025

 Saturday, August 2, 2025


I got up this morning and did a pretty hard workout. I did almost 80 pull-ups, not all at once, but in a period of under an hour. Then added 200 push-ups. I was going to do 300 which is what I try to do every day, but sometimes I am just flat out lazy. I'm closing in on 68 for crying out loud.

We Decided we would go snorkeling today but we decided also that we wanted to go somewhere different than the rabbit hole. We rode over to Pigeon Island and snorkeled Off of the beach there. We found a rocky alcove and there were a lot of fish swimming in and out of the rocks there It was kind of cool. I had a little bit of a scare. I was snorkeling around in that area and I looked up and Tina was nowhere to be found. I got out of the water and climbed on some rocks and looked everywhere and I could not see her. At first I was thinking she just somewhere I just can't see her and I didn't have my glasses on so things weren't totally clear as they could have been. I swam over to where I could see the car and got out on some rocks there and couldn't see her anywhere. I couldn't figure where she had gone because I had a clearview of about anywhere she could snorkel. I went back to car to get my glasses so I could see better and hiked up over a hill where I could see most of the Bay As I looked around I finally spotted her but this was probably after 30 or 40 minutes of searching for her. I was starting to think the worst and was thinking that I needed to go talk to someone and let them know that I could not find her. It is hard to drown snorkeling because you float so well. I was more worried that maybe she got hit by a passing boat or something or had an encounter with big fish of some type. Strange as it may sound and probably because I've been watching videos About wives disappearing and it almost always ends up being the husband and he is usually the primary suspect when it happens. I jokingly told Tina that that was what I was really worried about. Luckily she made it back fine and no one's going to prison. ha ha

Just as we got home the elders called and said that their car wouldn't start but the lights were on and so they thought it was something with the starter. I asked them if the lights dimmed when they tried to start the car and they said they do. I figured that it was probably a bad battery. I wasn't sure how I was going to jump their car because mine is a hybrid. I searched the Internet and read what I could out of the manual and it appears that you cannot use a hybrid to jump a regular car a gas engine and a battery. If it's possible which some people said it was on the Internet it was not recommended by anybody.

They sent us a PIN where they were located and we drove up to where they were and did a little testing by making sure the cables were tight and things like that and it still wouldn't start so I figured that it was probably the battery. In the meantime I had called the sisters because their car is a gas engine and they could have jumped it but we decided to just pull the battery out of the car and take it to the auto parts and get a replacement. The sisters were on their way but I told them they didn't need to come up. They sounded a little disappointed because I think they were looking for something just to do. We took the battery into the auto parts store and they tested it and it was bad so we bought another one. It cost $310 EC. We took it back to the car and installed it and it started right up. 

Google Maps showed a different route to get to where their car was but the elder said it was a very narrow and steep road. It was one that we had never been on and Tina didn't want to drive so I drove and she navigated. It was pretty straight down and narrow but actually one of the better roads that we have drove on here.

We had to do our shopping today because the doors were closed yesterday because of emancipation day which I guess is the day that they celebrate the slaves being freed.

Somebody lost their tennis shoes


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025