Sunday, August 17, 2025
Sunday, August 17, 2025
Today was a good day, both our prayers And all of our speakers showed up. We had two out of three Sunday school teachers not able to teach today so we combined one class and Shomario taught the other one.
Linda was asked to give the opening prayer and I guess she was a little confused about what she was supposed to do and started just talking about random things. Finally Shomario whispered up to her that she is just supposed to give a prayer which she did, it was short and I'm not sure even got all of the main parts in it but at least she tried.
I asked Elder Morby to speak on how to say a prayer so that was perfect timing as he was the first speaker following her. I told him to make sure that he included the steps of prayer so the newer members will understand how prayers are supposed to be given. He gave an excellent talk with some good scriptures I'm praying to Heavenly Father in the name of Jesus Christ.
I also asked Denzel to speak on the restoration or any part of it And he gave a great example of how he broke his headlights on his car and was trying to restore it back to its original form. We just can't talk enough about that stuff because the members don't really understand the restoration even though we talk a lot about it.
The minister who prayed last night at the ceremony could have used this talk. They asked him to give a short prayer to start the ceremony and he prayed for almost 10 minutes about almost everything that you could pray about And not that it wasn't sincere but it certainly sounded like a prayer before man or to be heard of man and not of God. That was the thought that came into my mind why he was praying because he was really belting it out loudly also.
I interviewed Samia Rafael for her temple recommend. He is a convert of almost a year and is going to FSY which I think is her second time. We have an interesting conversation about repentance and she was wondering how she is forgiven if commits a sin again. She was saying that it seemed to her that she would never be perfect because she has always seen it. I explained to her that was the purpose of repentance and coming to church and for taking of the sacrament each week. That is how we become perfect and it may take our entire lives to do so. She had many questions about each question I asked her for her temple recommend and when we were all done the last question is that if you consider yourself worthy to enter into the temple. She said and I said that if she answered all the questions I have just asked her truthfully she is worthy to go into the temple. She thought about that for a minute and then said I guess I am worthy to go to the temple then. I also talked to her about going on a mission and she had lots of questions about that and didn't think that she could afford it. I explained to her that there are people out there that have access money that they donate to the church to help people who can't afford to pay for all of their mission. She said she has been thinking about a mission and she was also curious of how she would learn what to say and I explained back to her also. I'm not sure she is quite ready She is a bright girl and I think be able to pick it up if she really has a desire to serve.
Show Mario and I did the tithing before went home and I took it over to the bank to deposit it but I couldn't get Dropbox door to open so I had to take it home with me.
This evening we went over to The disability camp to help out with whatever they might need. They always tell us they are glad we came but there's never really a lot to do. We try to make ourselves useful and visit with the children We did help serve dinner this evening and they've got us to. We also visit with many of staff members which is interesting and some of them also seem to have some disabilities but they are eager to Help and are really good with the children. Finally after cleaning up after dinner decided we ought to get heading home because it was getting dark and we really don't like driving after dark if we can avoid it.
![]() |
| Helping serve dinner at the disabilities camp |
![]() |
| The children eating dinner and listening to music. Notice the name on that wheel chair? |


Comments
Post a Comment