Wednesday, August 27, 2025

 Wednesday, August 27, 2025

  • Harvey Joseph missing
  • Visit with Aaron Holder
  • Visit Sister Sharon Alleyne
  • Visited with Tasha Jn Paul Said Link her husband is changing for the good

This morning Harvey Joseph's mother Linda called me and is concerned about Harvey. She has not been able to get in touch with him for 3 or 4 days and he usually calls her because he needs money. I told her I would look for him. She called again tonight and she said one of his friends that lives here has not seen him for some time either. She is worried about him. She should be because there is a good chance he will end up dead at some point. He just wanders the streets and begs for food and money. If he does drugs he could get in trouble with the wrong group and they don't mess around. 

I called Aaron Holder today to see if we could come over for a visit, he said yes. I stopped and bought him a Coke. He like Coke so I pick him one up when I go to visit him. I was thinking he is an old man, but Tina asked him his age today and he said he is 77. I looked on his church record when I got home and it says he is 75. So I will need to figure out how old he really is. 

After visiting with him we went to Sharon Alleyne's house to visit with her. Sam was not home so we had a good visit with her. She is very lonely and is starving for conversation. We stay about as long as Tina can handle the heat which was about an hour and a half. She said Sam is drinking heavy and coming home late at night. That is not good. It is not safe walking around here at 1 or 2 in the morning. As we were leaving Sam came walking up and he had been up to Gros Islet picking up some motor parts for a boat. We chatted for a minute then we headed home. 

The road was so backed up and not hardly moving. I figured it was because of the road work on the back road, but we finally got to Orange Grove and there was a bad wreck and that is what had the traffic backed up so bad. We finally made it past it and the road was pretty clear. 

This evening I went over to Tasha Jn Paul's to get some food order receipts. We had a long talk about the branch and what we can do to help it grow and for people to take more responsibility. We also talked about Linke her husband and she said tat over the past year he has really made some big changes in his life. He is much different than he was a year ago. He is a good man and a good father. I believe he will join the church at some point. I hope it is before his last daughter gets baptized next year. 

In talking to Tasha I have to be careful that it does not become a gripe session. We just have to hold on until the second generation who will have grown up in the church will start making changes. 

Our last zone conference picture. It has been a good year and a half

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025