Thursday, August 7, 2025

 Thursday, August 7, 2025


Today we ran downtown to cast to see if Tina had a meeting but it had been canceled.

I received a call from Aaron Holder this morning about the wheelchairs and I gave him the information to call and get set up with an appointment to be evaluated and fitted if he qualifies. I wasn't sure he really understood what I was telling him or if he would follow through so I decided why we were downtown to stop into the marketplace and talk to his wife Gertrude who works there. I gave her all of the information about it and told her to make sure that Aaron calls and gets an appointment set up otherwise he won't get a wheelchair and he may not get one anyway because I heard there was a waiting list from the last order so I'm sure there will be another one for this one. I was talking to Krishna about him and that he's not very mobile and she indicated that they might come to their house and do the evaluation. I told Aaron that so hopefully he'll get on it and get an appointment set up. The wheelchairs are not scheduled to be dispensed until the middle of September.

Once we were done there we wandered around the market a little bit but I can't hardly take it when I go in there because they don't just let you look they have to talk to you and keep giving you stuff do you want to buy this do you want to buy this do you want to buy this type of shopping and I don't like to be bugged I just want to look.

There was a nice shirt that I really liked and it was 90EC so not too bad but I didn't feel like I wanted to buy it right then I need to think about it I guess.

We don't really have anything going on until tonight so we went over to VG Beach and read scriptures and of course took a little nap. There is a guy that swims up and down the coast a lot and we see him quite often he has a little orange floaty thing so I guess he doesn't get run over why he's swimming. Why we are there he made at least two laps back and forth in on the beach which I would have guessed been about a mile round trip He wears a snorkel and fins but he just uses his arms to swim and doesn't kick too much with his legs. I've never really got to see him and see who or how old he is. Every time I've seen him he just keeps swimming so I don't know if he swims all day or what but I've never seen him come out of the water.

This guy swims a lot here and for a long time back and forth
The little orange dot is a swimmer

This evening we were invited over to Diane Davey home for dinner with the other missionaries. This is always an experience because we know we're gonna have to eat chicken's feet. They don't taste too bad but it's just the thought I guess.

This morning I was listening to a BYU Classic Speech and it was one giving by Neil A Maxwell.

https://speeches.byu.edu/talks/neal-a-maxwell/grounded-rooted-established-settled/

The topic was about being Grounded, rooted, established and settled. As you might know with Elder Maxwell, it takes your full concentration and having the Holy Ghost with you to grasp his messages. It might take reading and rereading to even scratch the surface. In reading and listening to this talk there was a scripture in 1 Corinthians 10:13 that tells us that we will never be tempted above what we are able and will provide an escape. This is comforting to know, and also realize because of the weakness of men and women and if we do all we can we will eventually overcome all sins.

I know with me I keep doing the same things wrong over and over. They might be seemingly small sins that frustrate me, but I keep trying and over time and sometimes years I have conquered many of them to the point that they are not even a temptation to me any longer. Sometimes you have to just stop and think about where you were 20 years ago verses today. Hopefully you have overcome many shortcomings, and if there are some you haven't you keep working at it keeping in mind the promise made in 1 Corinthians 10:13.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025