Tuesday, August 19, 2025
Tuesday, August 19, 2025
- It's hot
- Working on the church
- Brother Rupa
- District Leaders meeting
- Caren Kennedy and her rent
- Took Darren to find some block
- Ernie from the disability camp
Did I happen to mention that it is hot? The last couple of weeks have just been brutal.. I swear to this much anytime in my life that I can think of. I probably mentioned about yesterday being a Sister Jane's house and everybody had a towel wiping themselves down because they were sweating so much.
This morning I had to go down to the church at 9:00 AM to a door guy and the roofers. We have a door that's terribly warped and then we have leaks in our roof that drip into the Chapel when it rains I guess they came and fixed both of them. I didn't really see what they did but I could hear him walking around on the roof all morning working on it.
Brother Rupa came in town today also he is the facilities management person and make sure the churches are kept up and have all the things that they need. He was working on a few different things and bought some supplies and new tiles for the Ceiling which will be nice.
While they were doing all the work we were having district leader meeting. Missionaries have been busy finding people and have a couple on date for baptism. The last few converts haven't been real consistent in coming to church and that has been disappointing. I don't know what happened this last Sunday but it seemed like nobody came to church. I can cut those that are not fully knowledgeable about all the workings of the church but what really frustrates me is when our leaders how are priesthood leaders, Relief Society, Bishopric members don't come to church. I'm thinking if the people see the leadership not making coming to church a priority they probably feel the same.
After the meeting I was going to go downtown and talk to Karen about a name of a person, actually her landlord. We helped her a little with some rent and I need the to know the name of the landlord to record it in records. She has been a little hesitant about getting her name because she doesn't want the lady to know the church is paying and they don't get along very good either I don't think. I ended up not going and talking to her at her work but went home and sent her a message that I needed the name. She told me that she still has found what her name is.
This afternoon I went over to Darren Barbe's To see if we could figure something out about getting him some block to hold his container off the ground a bit higher. We went to a place over by the cricket field where there was a block plant at one time but when we got there it didn't look like a block plant. They did have some block hanging around and we finally found someone in an office that we went and talked to and she said they had moved. We were looking at some block that were left there I guess and they were like a 12 by 12 by 8 actually 12 8 by 12. Why we were looking at them some guy came out and want to know what we were doing there and we explained to him that we thought this was a block plant and we were just looking at how you were holding up containers because we want to do the same thing. He was not friendly and told us to get off the property more or less. The block plant that we were looking for was called RAMBALLY's block plant. We found out it was over by Cul de sac.
So I took Darren back home and it was about 6:00 so I headed home myself. I told him I check out the other place and see what they have.
Tomorrow I have to take the car in for service so I got the vacuum from the church and brought it home and cleaned the car out a bit it was a real mess with a lot of Beach sand in it.
Tina Taught the Book of Mormon class this week. That class starts at 7.
I made a fatal mistake by giving my phone number to one of people at the disability camp. He is the One basically has his core body and has limbs but they are as small as toothpicks practically And he no way walks on his legs or uses his arms or hands for anything. His name is Ernie and he has called me like 4 times today He could be worse than Corey. I may end up having to block him if he calls me this much every day. He has nothing to do all day so I'm just sure he sits there and thinks who he could call and talk to. Like I've got all the time in the world just to sit around and talk to him all day every day.
![]() |
| These are the wheelchair boxes taking up a bunch of space in the church |



Comments
Post a Comment