Wednesday, August 13, 2025
Wednesday, August 13, 2025
This morning I went to the church with Shomario, separate cars to pick up youth that came to Tasha's shop to do a fund raiser by working for Tasha cleaning some rooms in the back of her shop. I got there first and Rosa Paul and Stevelle Celise were there. Eventually Samia Raphael showed up with her niece. We were waiting for two more girls. I needed to leave because I needed to take Darren to the therapist at 11:00 so I took the people that were there to the shop and Shomario waited for the other girls to show up.
After dropping the group I had off I went and picked up Darren. He wasn't ready because he lost track of time. I told him we only had 20 minutes to be there. As luck would have it the traffic was not bad and we got there about 20 minutes late. Late doesn't mean anything here though. They usually will take you no matter what. So I dropped off Darren and went back home to help with the project, by the time I got back they were pretty much done. Shomario called to see if I could have the youth come over while he went and made the pizza at the shop. That was fine. I was going to the store to get some ice cream. When I got back they had ate all the pizza and when I broke out a gallon of ice cream they about ate it all. The youth like getting together and just hanging out. After they finished eating we took them to town to catch a bus home. I didn't have time to take them home because I had to get certificates made for the award ceremony tonight for the people who have completed the self reliance course tonight.
I then called Darren to see if he was done and he said he just finished up. So I went and picked him up. Oh, I forgot to say that Darren didn't bring his walker today. He got around real good. I took him home and of course he asked me for some money, but I didn't have any because I spent the last I had on a local juice. Well I actually had a $100 US bill that I carry incase I have an emergency and I had $100 EC bill, but I wasn't going to give him that either. After I dropped him off and went home. I worked on the certificates, ran out of time. They were calling us from the church and were locked out. We had to leave.
Everyone was waiting outside for us when we got there. They were all in good spirits. I had to print out a certificate for Kelly, but I had to talk to him because I didn't know his last name. He told me that his real name is Kevin not Kelly. I thought that was funny because he has never said anything about it. The ceremony was fun and we took lots of pictures and of course we had food and I brought the left over ice cream and they ate it all.
The South bus broke down and we had to find another bus to take the south people home. Yohan found someone for us and he finally showed up. It was a fun night for everyone.

Comments
Post a Comment