Wednesday, August 20, 2025

 Wednesday, August 20, 2025

  • Car serviced and the check in man at Beachcombers
  • Tina got missionary paperwork
  • Little League world series
  • Corey and Ernie and Darren keeping me busy

We took our car in for service first thing this morning hoping it would get done earlier. I looked at the list at the desk and there were 4 cars ahead of me. They finally called and said it would be ready at 3pm. 

Tina had to run to Castries to get some paperwork for the missionaries. She got home at 3 and I told her the car was ready. The sisters needed there car back by 3:30 for appointments. So we jumped back in the their car and ran and got ours. We got home right at 3:30.

At the service place there is a guy, and I don't know his name, but he is very friendly. He is responsible for checking in our cars in the morning. As I was leaving Beachcombers today he was walk by and I stopped and told him this was the probably the last time I will see him as I am going home next month. He acted a little sad, but wished me luck. I told him how much I enjoyed getting to know him of the last year and a half every time I bring the car in for service. We would always talk unless he was real busy. We bumped fist like they all do here and a friendship gesture. Usually after bumping fist they then pound their heart. I forgot to pound my heart. 

I did get some thinks done book work wise for the branch. Got some talks for Sunday. Recorded some checks into the bank system. I have some interesting receipts that I use. One was a picture of a landlords notebook. The others were a receipt written on a blank piece of paper that had the date, purpose, amount and who we paid and I got him to sign it. I guess it is ok, because no one has ever questioned my receipts.

The Little league world series has been going and they do high lights of all the games. I really like watching them. these little kids are so good now. Their training is so much better than when I was a little kid. 

Tina made homemade bread today since we were homebound.

Both Ernie and Corey called me today. I can see this is going to be a problem. At least Corey doesn't care that I come over to his house. Ernie wants to know when I am coming over and could I bring him some paper and a pencil so he can show me how he can draw using his mouth. I told him next week maybe. I still have Darren waiting on me also. He wants to move his container and put it on blocks. He also wants me to pay for his haircut and buy him some razors. He would prefer electric. 

I often wonder how many people like me just to like me or they say they like me for what I can buy or give them. Oh well, In the scheme of things it is not to much.

How would you like to walk up those stairs every day after a long day at work


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025