Wednesday, August 6, 2025
Wednesday, August 6, 2025
- Humanitarian wheelchairs delivered to our church. Donated by our Church
Today I got a call from Prosthesis place that the church is donating wheelchairs to that the shipment was going to be move from the port and brought over to be unloaded at our church today between 4 and 5 PM.
When we talked the first time I was going to line up some people to help unload but the lady in charge called me and said she would have a group of people there. There was a good show up of probably 7 or 8 men to help unload the truck And it was a good thing because it was clear full from top to bottom from front to back. I'm not sure exactly how many wheelchairs there but I would guess around 100 or so.
I was surprised at how many boxes were in the truck. It was actually a 20 foot container loaded on a truck that they brought over. But many hands make light work I figured it would probably take a couple hours to unload it and they probably did it in 1/2 hour or so. We got a chain line going and they just rolled it out and slid them in and and some of us were putting them away. The one thing we did have to do was determine the size of the wheelchair and we try to group them so all the same size were in the same area. Plus we had to account for the numbers that we were supposed to receive.
I got to meet the lady who is overseeing the project. Her name is Krishna and she is in a wheelchair herself. I asked her if she had been in the wheelchair or whole life or did something happen and she told me she was hit by a motorcycle when she was five years old and paralyzed from the waist down. She has not let that stop her from being a contributing person in society. She is very gun ho and isn't afraid to get after somebody if there's a problem. She was calling the wondering where our container was because we were supposed to meet at 4 and they didn't get there till almost 6. They said it was just a backup and loading trucks with containers. Anyway she kept calling them until they finally got it delivered.
Once we got the container unloaded we had all these boxes scattered throughout the church and I wasn't sure that we could store them all and not use up classroom space. We put as many as we could in the small game room that we have that comes off the Chapel and then we put a bunch in the back hallway outside. We still quite a few left and had to use one of the primary rooms to put the rest. They are all packed away in and we'll be there for probably a month. Hopefully it will not be too much of a disruption for our primary.
Why we were putting boxes away Tina was teaching herself Reliance class. It is their last class and she also made Taco soup for everyone. They seem to enjoy That.
![]() |
| One of the local watchdogs keeping tabs on what's going on.. We see him on our walk occasionally |

Comments
Post a Comment