Monday September 8 thru Tuesday September 16, 2025
Monday September 8 thru Tuesday September 16, 2025
- Our final week of events
This is a catchup of the last week of our mission.
We mostly prepared to go home and wrapped up any loose ends that we could.
It was a bitter sweet week for me. I have grown to love these people so much. We have become one of them. I guess I am ready to go home, but I hate to think I may never see them again. I hope so. They would always be welcome at our home just as they welcomed us into theirs.
The couple that is replacing us Elder and Sister Josephson came in on Wednesday and we pretty much spent the time with them showing them the ropes of what we do. I really feel good about them and I think they are going to be a great couple for the branch. I had so many shortcomings administrative wise and I think he will be much better in that area than I was. I had great love for the people, I just loved them. I think he will get more out of the priesthood people than I did. He seems to be good at that. I am excited for them.
Elder Josephson seems to be very confident in himself and that will serve him well. He says he has been a bishop 3 times so that experience will help him immensely.
Friday night we had a big welcome and going away party at the church for the Josephson's coming in and us leaving. It was a fun evening with lots of food. A lot of people attended.
![]() |
| Our Friday night party |
On Saturday we had a baptism of Suyann Jn Baptiste a young girl that is a niece to Samia Raphael
![]() |
| Suyann's baptism on Saturday. Elder Glissmeyer, Corey Vigier, Elder Morby and Suyann |
Following the baptism we did a service project for NEMO and had a great turnout. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints donated a bunch of stuff to make hygiene kits for when they have an emergency.
![]() |
| All the gang at the NEMO service project |
Then in the evening we had a seminary and institute graduation. I'm not so sure it was a graduation as much as a Recognition of those that completed the previous year. We had 2, Havianna and Steve Stevelle.
![]() |
| Havianna Davis and Stevelle Celise |
On Sunday the Josephson's spoke and introduced themselves. As I said before they are going to be awesome and I think will really bring the people closer to Christ.
Monday was our flyout day. The Josephson's took us to Vieux Fort to catch our plane home. Before we left we did stop by the market to pick up a few things. We took the Josephson's on the over the mountain road to Vieux Fort. There was a bunch of construction going on so it was a bit of a pain, but we made it to the airport and said our goodbye's and flew off. That was kind of like, well it is over, feeling.
We landed in Miami and stayed overnight. We missed the shuttle that was supposed to pick us up and had to get a taxi. It was like $50 US dollars. The Miami airport was a mad house. So many people.
Tuesday we got up and had breakfast and caught the shuttle this time back to the airport and flew to Dallas Texas and had a short layover.
![]() |
| Lunch in Dallas. Dickey's Barbecue Pit |
We arrived home at 6:00 pm and there were Bevin and Dale and their wives and some of their kids and our neighbor Kathy Campos was there to greet us. There was a minute of hugs and excited chatter and then it was like we had never left. It was all over.
![]() |
| St George airport |
![]() |
| Bevin's back yard. This was interesting, None of my children were there |
![]() |
| We are home |








Comments
Post a Comment